Use this Grade A tumbling grit to tumble rocks in a rotary tumbler with a wider spectrum of abrasive and bring them to a gem like finish. Enhance the roughest rock processing in step 1 by starting with our extra coarse 46/70 grit and following this with our coarse 60/90 grit. The use of two grit grades covers a fuller spectrum of abrasion during the initial process potentially shortening subsequent steps 2 through 4.The kit includes enough media to tumble a full load of rock in a 3 pound rotary tumbler. The materials can also be used in other sized tumblers with simple ratio adjustment. The grit and polish amount in this listing is offered with free shipping! in the US.
The tumbling process for rocks uses a four step process with two passes in step 1 and these abrasive and polishing materials. The following five items are included.
- One 4 oz. package extra coarse silicon carbide (46/70 grit) used in Step 1A
- One 4 oz. package coarse silicon carbide (60/90 grit) used in Step 1B
- One 4 oz package medium silicon carbide (120/220 grit) used in Step 2
- One 1.5 oz package pre-polish aluminum oxide (500 grit) used in Step 3
- One 1.5 oz package polish aluminum oxide used in Step 4